Monday, August 15, 2005

Missionary's Missionary

Well, I've succumbed to the world of blogging with my boss's blessing! This blog will be about missionary care and I will probably throw in an opinion or two along the way or brag on my grandchildren. I want this blog to be helpful to missionaries, but also helpful to the mission committees and churches who send missionaries to the field.

About 29 percent of North American missionaries return home each year for non-preventable reasons. That leaves 71 percent, who had they received some TLC - good missionary care - could have remained on the field a bit longer. Reasons for preventable attrition were 1) marriage and family reasons; 2) agency reasons (translated to my fellowship - eldership and mission committee reasons); 3) personal reasons; 4) team reasons; 5) cultural reasons; and 6) work related reasons. So, I will probably spend time talking about each one of these areas.

I will also post news items or helpful links that might be helpful to missionaries as I learn about them. My web page is www.MRNet.org. Check it out.

Love's prayers....Dottie

1 Comments:

At 3:21 PM, Blogger KSullie said...

Wow...what a good idea...I think I will pass it along to Mark and Sherrylee...

Kristin O

 

Post a Comment

<< Home