Friday, October 21, 2005

Praise the Lord, all you nations;
extol Him, all you peoples;
For great is his love towards us,
and the faithfulness of the Lord
endures forever.
Praise the Lord.
Psalm 117

The temperatures have cooled down a bit here in Texas; day light savings time is not yet over, so it is dark when I get up in the morning. The moon has been beautiful the last few days and it is still shining brightly in the darkened sky over Fort Worth at 6:00 a.m. A cup of hot tea, the quiet, and my little courtyard flooded with moonlight have been real blessings to me the last few mornings. This morning I had to wrap myself in a blanket, so cocooned in the early morning darkness, I tried to remember as many of the names of God as I could.

At our Women's Retreat this year, our leader gave us two sheets of paper filled with the different names of God and their meanings. Our assignment was to write a praise to God using each of His names. My first entry was written to Elohim - our creator. By the time I got to the fifth name I was crying and cried through the rest of the exercise. This was a profound spiritual experience for me. Since then I have been trying to learn all the names of God. Not an easy task for me. I only got up to about 14 names this morning. For those who would like to try this exercise, you might want to check out this site. I believe you will discover that our God is truly Elohay Elohim - God of Gods.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home