Sunday, January 01, 2006

"Blessed are the dead who die
in the Lord from now on."
"Yes," says the Spirit, "they will
rest from their labor, for their deeds
will follow them."
Revelation 14:13

Six years ago today on January 1, 2000, Thomas Neil Schulz died at 5:25 p.m. He saw wondrous things that day and he told me as much as he was allowed.

Tom told me that morning when he woke up that he was living in two realities. Later in the day he asked me if he was special. I asked why. He said, "that I should have all this!" I told him, "Yes, you are very special. You are a child of God, saved by grace." He looked up at the ceiling in two directions, as if to check out to see if what I said was correct, nodded and smiled at me and said, "Yes." Those were his last words.

Missionaries do what they do in the world for this very reason: that as many as possible may live and die in the Lord. They are blessed!

Love's prayers,
Dottie

5 Comments:

At 11:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dottie, your entry made me cry, with sadness AND joy. What a gift Tom was while he was here, and what a gift his legacy continues to be, through you. Thank you for sharing this with us.

I'm a bit late, because I'm behind on blog reading, but I'm sending you cyber-hugs today!

Love, Charlene

 
At 9:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

sorry it meant to say to lose one so loved
Bill

 
At 9:36 AM, Blogger Missionary's Missionary said...

I appreciate your comments, Bill...
Blessings on you and yours! Dottie

 
At 2:12 AM, Blogger The Raabs said...

Dottie,
Thanks for your and Tom's life and love for the Lord. You know that you are both a big reason for our choices. Good to have good examples. I so look forward to seeing Tom again!
Scott

 
At 1:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry I didn't know your Tom. However, his writings and his determined effort to get them to us in Australia will always be appreciated by my family. It's nice to get to know him now (and his family) through you and your writings! Thanks for sharing! God Bless You in 2006. love, nancy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home