Thursday, December 01, 2005

What I Wrote

Looked at Mike Cope's blog this morning - probably the most read blog of anyone I know - and saw his congratulatory note to Rick Atchley for receiving the Alumnus of the Year award last night. I was privileged to be in the audience and it truly was wonderful! There is something so joyous and good in seeing someone receive honor, especially if it is deserved.

Then I read the comments to Mike's blog and a dad asked us to respond to his daughter's blog. His daughter needed encouragement. So I went to her blog and read it...and this is what I wrote:

I don't understand it either, Jenny. My daughter lost four babies and all I could do was hold her and cry with her. My best friend lost her sister and her sister left two young children. All I knew to do was cry with her. When my son died the verse people would quote to me was Romans 8:28. I hated that verse. I lived in Job, Psalms and Ecclesiastes a long time. I read every book that explained why God acted as He did and found them all unsatisfactory. Thought I might write my own someday, but I still don't have anything better to say. I will tell you that who I am today was forged in fire back then. I don't understand this God, but I love Him. I finally had to decide that God is all powerful and that He is also good. That is called faith...and if the mountains fall, the earth trembles and the sea roars, I decided to trust Him - no matter what.

Jenny, I am praying for you and your daughter - your whole family. I am so sorry that you are experiencing this gripping pain that is so unexplainable - the loss so real.


God is good. I am convinced of that! Going to Mississippi tomorrow. I have never been there. I am conducting a Church Reentry Workshop. The church in Oxford wants to bring home their missionaries right. I'm really excited.

In two minutes I'm leaving the office to go watch my granddaughter play soccer for Dallas Christian. She's really very good!

May God bless you all.

Love's prayers,

Dottie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home