Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Now listen, you who say, "Today or tomorrow
we will go to this or that city, spend a year
there, carry on business and make money." Why
you do not even know what will happen tomorrow.
What is your life? You are a mist that appears
a little while and then vanishes. Instead, you
ought to say, "If it is the Lord's will we will
live and do this or that." As it is, you boast
and brag. All such boasting is evil. Anyone, then,
who knows the good he ought to do and doesn't do
it, sins. James 4:13-17

Today's headlines - Powers Disagree Over Iran Crisis - Ivory Coast's Peace Under Threat - Pluto Mission Ready for Lift-Off - Israelis Kill West Bank Militant and today's interstate Amber Alert signs alerting travelers of yet another kidnapping and today's email I sent out concerning the death in Iraq of Dustin Kendall, son of missionaries in Estonia and brother of a missionary in the Ukraine - are much more noteworthy than my news. None-the-less I have decided to post an email I sent out this morning to my many friends.

Dear friends,

I sent my letter of resignation to Wayne Baker, York College President, two weeks ago. The president sent a very kind email about my resignation to faculty, staff and board members yesterday. Now that the decision is final, I find I am grieving. My memories of York College are good. I loved every part of my work there. I will miss everything about the college - my friendships, the students, my teaching and counseling, and working in the Master's Apprentice Program. York College is a school that emphasizes missions. One fourth of the student body is involved in some type of mission work each year. Let's Start Talking always has a lot of students who go out each year and MAP does its part, too. For me, one of the best things that happened was the establishment of the Thomas N. Schulz Chair of Missions. I'm so glad that happened before Tom died. It meant so much to him to know missions would always be a part of York College. Thank you to all of you who receive this email who have or continue to contribute to this. God is wonderful and I feel He has blessed me in indescribable ways at York College. As part of the faculty at York, emails sent to me there have been directed to MRN. I don't know how long they will continue this now that I've resigned. Those of you who have been using my York email address, dmschulz@york.edu need to delete this address and change my email address to dottie.schulz@MRNet.org.

I will be selling my house in York and looking for a house here. Though none of the children have lived at home for years, this has been hard on my children as the house on Thompson Avenue in York has been the only place they could call home since we sold our house in The Netherlands, where their true 'heart home' is. They are doing their own grieving. I've invited them to come to York when I move and to take whatever is dear to them at that time.

My focus is now on my work at Missions Resource Network. I know in my heart that this is where I am supposed to be. No one should ever take anything for granted. One should always say, "if the Lord wills," but especially at my age I am aware of the need to place every plan into God's hand. All of these plans will take place only if it is His will. I will work at MRN for as long as my work can be done with integrity. I am praying that my latter days will be more fruitful for Him than my early years.

My best to you all. I covet your prayers.


Though this is not Headline News, it is a real change in thinking for me. I've already changed my blogger profile. All of this will occur if it is God's will.

Please remember the Kendalls in prayer. Losing a child under any circumstances is tragic.

Love's prayers...Dottie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home